good email program

Post by China Unico » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:50:13

Dear All:

    We want to replace our existing email server (pop + smtp) by a linux
server, but since we constantly have 100,000+ emails in the system, is linux
server a good alternative?  If so, which email program should we used?

    Thanks in advance!

good email program

Post by Benjamin Stock » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:39:50

>Dear All:

Hello!

Quote:>    We want to replace our existing email server (pop + smtp) by a linux
>server, but since we constantly have 100,000+ emails in the system, is linux
>server a good alternative?

Yes, it is! It supports different hardware platforms and is scalable.

Quote:> If so, which email program should we used?

Decide yourself:

  sendmail (www.sendmail.org, www.sendmail.net)
  postfix (www.postfix.org)
  qmail (www.qmail.org)

IMHO, postfix and qmail are best designed for large mailservers.