Tektronix emulation with telnet

Post by Tark McMai » Fri, 02 Jul 1993 05:25:32

Before I switched to Linux, I used DOS NCSA telnet which let me emulate
a tektronix monitor.  I can't figure out how to do the same thing in
Linux.  NCSA would just switch from text mode to graphics mode when the remote
system started tektronix mode.

Any help would be super,
--

  _/     _/  _/  _/  _/ _/_/
 _/     _/_/_/  _/_/   _/_/

Tektronix emulation with telnet

Post by Tark McMai » Sun, 04 Jul 1993 02:19:04

Quote:>Before I switched to Linux, I used DOS NCSA telnet which let me emulate
>a tektronix monitor.  I can't figure out how to do the same thing in
>Linux.  NCSA would just switch from text mode to graphics mode when the remote
>system started tektronix mode.

As several people told me xterm has tektronix capabilities.  Of couse I didn't
realize the middle button on my mouse wasn't working, and could figure out
why CTRL-Middle button didn't produce a menu which let me choose tek mode.
But I switched mice, got it working, and am happily seeing tek now.

Thanks for all the replies,
--

  _/     _/  _/  _/  _/ _/_/
 _/     _/_/_/  _/_/   _/_/

1. Colour Tektronix emulation on Linux?

Will the tekterm emulation on Linux emulate the 4111 raster colour
terminal?

The one I have access to at work on a Sun only seems to do black and
white but it could be that our IT service providers have kindly
crippled it!

My 4111 has gone down the pan and I need a replacement that supports
colour.

--
Peter Hill

Can of worms - what every fisherman wants.
Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

2. named problem on netbsd 386?

3. Tektronix Emulation in Xterm

4. 'secure' executing of Shell script..

5. aixterm tektronix emulation - busted on 3.2

6. Iomega Jaz Jet Probs

7. Tektronix emulation in aixterm

8. How do I make rdist change mode of remote file?

9. telnet 3270 emulation

10. telnet, keyboard-mappings, emulations..

11. telnet / terminal emulation problem

12. Telnet query (terminal emulation/keyboard mappings)

13. terminal emulation during telnet session