cgi problem PLS HELP!!!

Post by Olaf Walkowia » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

> a testing CGI script in PERL called 'test.pl'
> when i embed this in a test index.html file by the following command,
> <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/test.pl"-->
> it won't work!

exec cgi is disabled (and should remain disabled) for security
reasons. Try:
<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/test.pl"-->

Quote:> if i embed this like this,
> <A HREF="/cgi-bin/test.pl">test CGI</A>
> it work and can be shown information on the next screen.

So the script seems to work. Try "include virtual".

HTH
Olaf
--
ACMEDIA - Cologne - Germany
professional and easy2use e-Commerce Systems

cgi problem PLS HELP!!!

Post by jackH » Sun, 09 May 1999 04:00:00

hi all,

i am a newbie on Linux, i am now constructing a web server by using SuSE
Linux 6.0 with kernel 2.0.36.
by default, i use the Apache Web Server ver.1.3.4, i found it very easy to
use an very powerful.
however, i meet a little problem, when i plan to use CGI.
basically, i haven't modified any configuration files like httpd.conf...
and i have already read all the corresponding HOW-TO to learn what's going
on for those configuration files.
and i found that the default settings for the SuSE6.0 has already prepared
well for CGI ability.
and now here is my situation:
a testing CGI script in PERL called 'test.pl'
when i embed this in a test index.html file by the following command,
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/test.pl"-->
it won't work!
if i embed this like this,
<A HREF="/cgi-bin/test.pl">test CGI</A>
it work and can be shown information on the next screen.
and also the script is 100% no problem, as when i input the ip address for
my server with the CGI path to check the test.pl, it works!

however, some script like counter need to show on the same screen(not click
it and then show on the next screen)
so what happen to me, do i need to modify the conf files? or my settings
problem? or my html problem?

can someone help me !?
i know this should be a minor problem to some hacker, but PLS help me to
figure it out!!!

Thank you so much!

cgi problem PLS HELP!!!

Post by Brian Crowle » Sun, 09 May 1999 04:00:00

> hi all,
> and now here is my situation:
> a testing CGI script in PERL called 'test.pl'
> when i embed this in a test index.html file by the following command,
> <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/test.pl"-->
> it won't work!
> if i embed this like this,
> <A HREF="/cgi-bin/test.pl">test CGI</A>
> it work and can be shown information on the next screen.
> and also the script is 100% no problem, as when i input the ip address for
> my server with the CGI path to check the test.pl, it works!

Try renaming your .html file to a .shtml file.

Brian C.