strange output from dmesg

Post by leslie joyc » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:48:20

Hi All,

When I try to get the output of dmesg,
I get these 2 lines with the second line
repeated 20-30 times.

FS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,0)
VFS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,0)

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks in Advance,

Leslie..........................

strange output from dmesg

Post by Rick Willmor » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:42:19

This is magicdev, and no i dont understand it very well but im sure if
you searched on google for
magicdev and your messages you will get a clear answer.

R.

> Hi All,

> When I try to get the output of dmesg,
> I get these 2 lines with the second line
> repeated 20-30 times.

> FS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,0)
> VFS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,0)

> Any ideas as to why this is happening?

> Thanks in Advance,

> Leslie..........................

1. Strange dmesg output

On my system the message output of dmesg is almost infinitely many lines of

icmp: ICMP redirect from 192.31.87.46 on eth0 ignored.

OK, I am no expert on netwroking, so I don't even know what ICMP stands
for in this context.

It does not interfere with anything as far as I know, but what you don't
know might kill you.  *^)

Info on my system

486SX33 with 8meg ram 128 cache running 1.3.20
NE2000 compatible ethernet card on irq 10

The address appearing in the message is the gateway.
Jaewan

2. v8 install on intel !

3. strange dmesg output on athlon notebook

4. Top 10 posters comp.unix.admin

5. if dmesg output and DVD ability

6. Konqueror link bug?

7. MASQ errors in dmesg output

8. lilo: how to overwrite Win95 MBR ?

9. dmesg output

10. 2.4.14: crashing on heavy swap-load with SmartArray (dmesg/.config output)

11. dmesg output

12. Help with dmesg output

13. dmesg output