Win2K/RH 8 Network Share + Internet Share

Win2K/RH 8 Network Share + Internet Share

Post by Sybren Stuve » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:11:23

Scott Tribble enlightened us with:

Quote:> I was hoping someone could give me advice on how to set up a network
> between two computers and also have them share an Internet connection.

Google for 'samba' (file & printer sharing) and 'iptables' (firewall &
connection sharing). Also make sure you visit http://www.tldp.org/

Sybren
--
| Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that |
| the pens will multiply instead of disappear.                      |

1. Help with sharing internet sharing on my win2k box

There are several possible ways to do that. Either use the Win2K
machine as a proxy, or setup NAT and IP Forwarding on it. Then
point the Linux box to be using the Win2K machine as gateway.
You could be using the ICS service as well, though this may be
a bit tricky to setup (it will only work with the local machine's
LAN IP being 192.168.0.1 and nothing else).

Michael

2. Email SMTP (relaying) authentication...

3. linux win2k network and internet sharing setup

4. Are there any modem dial back software packages.?

5. Internet sharing with 3 freebsd boxes (v4.3) and win2k

6. Access NFS partitions via DOSmerge on AIX 1.2

7. Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) w/Win2K & Solaris 8 Intel

8. Linux friendly ISPs

9. redhat 6.1 + win2k +internet connection sharing = good clean fun?

10. Sharing shares across the Internet .. possible ??

11. access to shared folders in a win2k server or computer network

12. RH 7.0 internet access/sharing problems.