Anyone port hunt?

Post by Ian Williams » Sun, 12 Sep 1993 05:41:47

Has anyone ported hunt to Linux yet?  I have one that works ok, but the
problems it runs into are of a nature taht I don't know what todo about
them.  If you want to have a go, get the source from:
wuarchive.wustl.edu:/usenet/comp.sources.games/Volume05/hunt

Ian

--
Ian Williamson

or

Anyone port hunt?

Post by Curtis L. Ols » Sun, 12 Sep 1993 09:52:43

>Has anyone ported hunt to Linux yet?  I have one that works ok, but the
>problems it runs into are of a nature taht I don't know what todo about
>them.  If you want to have a go, get the source from:
>wuarchive.wustl.edu:/usenet/comp.sources.games/Volume05/hunt

>Ian

I have ported hunt along with many other bsd games.  Andy Teffta has ported
several bsd games himself.  We put everything together in a bsd-games package.

It can be found on sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/games/bsd-games... and
tsx-11.mit.edu:/pub/linux/[sources,binaries]/usr.games/bsd-games...

The current port of hunt still is not perfect, but if you have problems
with it, let me know.  Maybe we can figure it out.  (I have the email address
of one of the co-authors.)

Curt.
--
   .

( i recently posted this to alt.os.linux.slackware, but had no replies
:(, so im hoping some of you guys can help )

hi guys, as an avid hunt player, and a member of an active hunt
community I would love to setup the Hunt Players Mailing list that is
described in the huntd(6) manpage..it sounds really cool!, but apart
from briefly describing what it is, it doesnt really give any clues
how to set it up.

I have S'edTFW, but found no clues ( apart from plenty of mirrors of
the manpage ), and followed all the references in the manpage to try
and work it out..no luck.

I finally gave up trying to find any better documentation, and grabbed
the source for huntd, to try and follow the process through. The file
that deals with the mailing list notification is faketalk.c ...

/*
 *      query the local SMTP daemon to expand the RENDEZVOUS mailing list
 *      and fake a talk request to each address thus found.
 */

Here is the meat of the request:

        (void) fgets(buf, BUFSIZ, f);

        (void) write(service, buf, strlen(buf));
        (void) fgets(buf, BUFSIZ, f);

        (void) write(service, buf, strlen(buf));

here is an convenient online version of faketalk.c
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/basesrc/games/hunt/hun...
, its from the NetBSD project, but is basically identical to the
version i have.

so...I can see what its doing, but i still dont understand how i set
up the mailing list, if someone can give me a suggestion or
explanation i would really appreciate it!

Some details:

$ uname -a
Linux darkstar 2.4.18 #1 Fri Jun 14 21:13:14 BST 2002 i686 unknown

$ cat /etc/slackware-version
Slackware 8.1

$ ls /var/log/packages/ | grep sendmail
sendmail-8.12.4-i386-1
sendmail-cf-8.12.4-i386-1

$ ls /var/log/packages/ | grep bsd-games
bsd-games-2.13-i386-1

2. children hang in apache 1.3.19

3. SLIP.... anyone, anyone, ANYONE!

4. Linux or FreeBSD?

5. SLIP.... anyone, anyone ANYONE!

6. sblive hauppauge wintv no sound?

7. HUNT

8. Personal message to " "

9. EVIL FBI SADISTS should be HUNTED, KIDNAPPED and TORTURED for 3 YRS

10. hunt source code

11. BSD-hunt for Linux?

12. Hunting for a driver for the Adaptec 1522!

13. Hunt the corrupt X11 file