CLOS for Linux?

Post by David N Meze » Tue, 06 Jul 1993 11:58:30

Does anyone know of a Linux port of CLOS (Common Lisp Object System)?

I think there is a package available to implement CLOS in AKCL, but I have
been unable to compile the AKCL source code under Linux (waaah).

Any info, regarding either CLOS or AKCL, would be greatly appreciated!

--
David Mezera                              It's a dog-eat-dog world

                                            - Norm from "Cheers"

CLOS for Linux?

Post by also known as F » Tue, 06 Jul 1993 20:08:17

I'd be interested in the same infos., could someone e-mail me any about CLOS.
!   Tel : 93 95 14 72 ( ou poste 76.51)

CLOS for Linux?

Post by Andrew Steve » Tue, 06 Jul 1993 22:50:03

Quote:>Does anyone know of a Linux port of CLOS (Common Lisp Object System)?

>I think there is a package available to implement CLOS in AKCL, but I have
>been unable to compile the AKCL source code under Linux (waaah).

>Any info, regarding either CLOS or AKCL, would be greatly appreciated!

I presume you mean the ``generic'' source from cli.com?  There's been
a port (emminently stable) of AKCL for Linux for quite some time.
The original ftp was artemide.dei.unipd.it in Italy, but I think
copies are on most of the big ftp servers.   I'm kind of suprised the
linux patches have yet been integrated into the official AKCL source.
If memory serves they were pretty minor and quite clean...

        Andrew

--

      Programmming Research Group       PGP pulic key - mail or finger

     OX1 3QD   +44 0865 272563

CLOS for Linux?

Post by Yoonsik Che » Thu, 08 Jul 1993 09:21:49

Quote:>Does anyone know of a Linux port of CLOS (Common Lisp Object System)?
>I think there is a package available to implement CLOS in AKCL, but I have
>been unable to compile the AKCL source code under Linux (waaah).
>Any info, regarding either CLOS or AKCL, would be greatly appreciated!

        found the following entry from my system's ChangeLog file:

o Yoonsik Cheon, 4/20/93
  1. Installed AKCL, Austin Kyoto Common Lisp Version 1.615 from sunsite:
     /pub/Linux/development/lisp/
  2. Installed PCL (with CLOS), ftped from parcftp.xerox.com:/pub/pc

--

CLOS for Linux?

Post by Harvey J. Ste » Thu, 08 Jul 1993 00:09:04

As for a linux port of CLOS, there is a linux port of CLISP (it's in
the SLS distribution), and one can pick up ports of PCL (pcl is a
portable version of CLOS) & CLX to CLISP from the author's machine,
namely ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de.
--
Harvey Stein
Department of Mathematics

1. CLOS for Linux

Hi there,

Is there a CLOS implementation (based on AMOP)
available (in binaries) for Linux.

I've tried to load PCL (ver. Sept.92) on GCL (AKCL)
but it doesn't work. Is there special instructions or configurations
or packages to extend AKCL with PCL?

Manuel Kolp
University of Louvain

2. motherboard upgrade

3. Metro X and keymap

4. Compiling qt in CLOS

5. Graphical GUI for mpstat, vmstat, iostat

6. Installing Qt in CLOS

7. "term" for Linux available for UNIX?

8. HELP! - CLOS hangs after install

9. USING CLOS

10. CLOS and X on RS6000?

11. Installing Qt in CLOS

12. install of CLOS cd-ROm and operating system once installed