which distribution is better

Post by David W. Ba » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 04:50:12

Hello,
Could someone tell me which distribution is better, Suse or RedHat?  I'd
like to choose one of them.  Thank you.

David

Post by Ivan Kell » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:31:47

> Hello,
> Could someone tell me which distribution is better, Suse or RedHat?

why not try debian. install is harder but apt-get rules. maybe slackware
also. great distrobution for learning how stuff works in linux. for a
begineer the best distro is probably mandrake.

Quote:> like to choose one of them.  Thank you.

> David

ivan

which distribution is better

Post by Hal Burgis » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:48:12

Quote:> Hello,
> Could someone tell me which distribution is better, Suse or RedHat?  I'd
> like to choose one of them.  Thank you.

AAANNNK....wrong question. That's like asking 'which shoes are better,
Nike or Reebok'. The answers you get are people's preferences, which may
not reflect your own requirements (which are unknown at this time).

One criteria I would use is do you know anybody that uses either? This
makes getting help easier if so. I really don't think one is 'better' in
any absolute sense.

--
Hal Burgiss

which distribution is better

Post by lath » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:07:56

Quote:

>Hello,
>Could someone tell me which distribution is better, Suse or RedHat?  I'd
>like to choose one of them.  Thank you.

>David

I feel Suse is better if u consider for security issues.But i use redhat right
now.

This Is jyothi

1. Am I better off switching to another video card--is the agp bus the problem

Xconfigurator doesn't configure my video card (ati xpert 98 agp) and monitor
(viewsonic e70f) properly.  Entries for these are listed in the menu, but it
won't build the configuration file properly and therefore startx aborts even
before displaying anything.  I'm wondering if the agp bus is the problem.
Should I purchase a different video card.  And does it have to be pci.

2. FYI: Internet address - People Search (Canada)

3. I am fed up with Gate$ and need some advice on which distribution to get!

4. 2 things, joysticks and screen savers, and graphics cards

5. I am having troubles installing StarOffice 5.2 from the RedHat 7.2 distribution

6. kernel 2.3.29 with sis5513 DMA is not working.

7. Newbie: Which distribution is better

8. IRQ Conflicts?

9. The better Linux distribution??

10. remote distribution (rdist) or a better tool?

11. Which Linux distribution is better ?

12. Any better distributions?

13. Which distribution is better?