Gnuserv dies on my system after startup.

Gnuserv dies on my system after startup.

Post by Torsten Zirzlaf » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:00:00

  I would like to use gnuserv/gnulient, but I'm not able to start
gnuserv. Each time I try to start gnuserve in XEmacs it will not run
and the error message is:

gnuserv: unable to find tinuviel in /etc/hosts or from YP

  Which sounds rediculous, because when I telnet, rcp, etc. with
tinuviel it works fine.

  I use Xemacs 20.4 on Debian Linux 2.1 for alpha.

  Any idea what goes wrong here?

Tia

        Torsten
--
s-mail: Neckarstr. 120                                         Torsten Zirzlaff
        70190 Stuttgart

|  The shortest unit of time in the universe is the New York Second, defined  |
|  as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green and the cab |
|  behind you honking. -- Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'                  |