My Linux Story and Question

Post by Daniel Hinojos » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:48:30

Hey everyone.  I used to be a dual boot linux-windows guy for 1 year,
and before that full-time windows.  Two weeks ago I got a corrupted NT
core on my laptop.  Anyways, long story short Linux saved my ass, since
I couldn't get access to my windows files via windows filesystems I was
able to get to them using my Linux partition.  Needless to say that my
laptop is full SuSE 7.2 linux and staying that way.

Anyways, that was the story, now the question.  I used to use Windows
for my Palm Pilot.  What can use to connect my Palm Pilot to my Linux
laptop.  Something in java would be sweet, but it doesn't have to be.

--
Daniel Hinojosa
Java & XML: Consultant | Developer | Instructor

My Linux Story and Question

Post by Jean-Paul Thuo » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:16:11

> Hey everyone.  I used to be a dual boot linux-windows guy for 1 year,
> and before that full-time windows.  Two weeks ago I got a corrupted NT
> core on my laptop.  Anyways, long story short Linux saved my ass, since
> I couldn't get access to my windows files via windows filesystems I was
> able to get to them using my Linux partition.  Needless to say that my
> laptop is full SuSE 7.2 linux and staying that way.

> Anyways, that was the story, now the question.  I used to use Windows
> for my Palm Pilot.  What can use to connect my Palm Pilot to my Linux
> laptop.  Something in java would be sweet, but it doesn't have to be.

I believe what you are looking for is jpilot.  Either that or check out
Evolution as an email client similar to Outlook.  It has palm syncing
built into it.

HTH

Jean-Paul
--
-------
I have found the missing link between ape and human: it is us.

(to reply, remove the whiterabbit)

My Linux Story and Question

Post by ynotsso » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:52:29

[...]

Quote:> Anyways, that was the story, now the question.  I used to use Windows
> for my Palm Pilot.  What can use to connect my Palm Pilot to my Linux
> laptop.  Something in java would be sweet, but it doesn't have to be.

http://www.google.com/search?q=palm+pilot+linux+java

           tony

My Linux Story and Question

Post by ER » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 07:21:21

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:48:30 UTC, Daniel Hinojosa

[...]
+ Anyways, that was the story, now the question.  I used to use
+ Windows for my Palm Pilot.  What can use to connect my Palm Pilot
+ to my Linux laptop.  Something in java would be sweet, but it
+ doesn't have to be.

IIRC Open Office has Palm Pilot support built in. Check it out at
www.openoffice.org when you have time.

Caldera Authorized Partner - OpenServer 5+, UnixWare 7+ & OpenLinux
--
   Owner and C.E.O. - ERA Computer Consulting - Jackson, TN USA    .
  OS/2, UnixWare, OpenServer & Linux Business Computing Solutions  .