MS Exchange client for Linux

Post by Doc Shiple » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Can someone help me with a MS Exchange client for Linux.
> I can't read my mail with pop because that's disable on the mail server.

Fetchmail will serve as a retrieval agent with IMAP servers. Fetchmail
is not strictly a client or an MTA,but an intermediate utility. You
still need sendmail, qmail, or such, and a client program like pine,
mutt, Xmh, etc.

--
 Doc Shipley
   Network Stuff

Post by Stev » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Can someone help me with a MS Exchange client for Linux.
> I can't read my mail with pop because that's disable on the mail server.

Check to see if the HTML interface is enabled on the Exchange server and
user any java enabled browser

MS Exchange client for Linux

Post by Konstantinos Agour » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>Can someone help me with a MS Exchange client for Linux.
>I can't read my mail with pop because that's disable on the mail server.

You have IMAP on the server then you can use mutt or netscape. Or they could
enable the webaccess and any webbrowser with javascript will do.

Konstantin

Quote:>Regards,

--

Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
"Captain, this ship will not sustain the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres

MS Exchange client for Linux

Post by Arjan van 't Ho » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Can someone help me with a MS Exchange client for Linux.
I can't read my mail with pop because that's disable on the mail server.

Regards,

Arjan van 't Hof

MS Exchange client for Linux

Post by mabm.. » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Look for HP OpenMail on Slashdot.  Haven't used it personally, but it
would appear that it's completely compatible with Exchange.

Glenn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

MS Exchange client for Linux

Post by Jeroen Batw » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi,

> Can someone help me with a MS Exchange client for Linux.
> I can't read my mail with pop because that's disable on the mail server.

> Regards,

> Arjan van 't Hof

Try the software from binary.com

1. MS Exchange client on Linux

I was looking / waiting for quite some time for an exchange client on
linux ....

but I just realized that you can actually use your browser (at least on
NT) to act as your exhchange client. This seems to work for both IE and
Netscape. I'm viewing my Inbox now using Netscape 4.7.

If any kind soul out there who has a linux workstation and an MS
Exchange server running on their network try using, say Netscape on
Linux to access the Exchange client for confirmation that it does work
on non-Windows browsers, that would be appreciated.

The URL should be:

http://<exchangehost>/exchange/logon.asp

... replace <exchangehost> with the hostname where MS Exchange is
installed.

On the right, you'll read:

"Type your alias and then click here to
connect to your personal e-mail account."

A message box would appear asking you for your username and password. It
should be:

UserName: <yourdomain>/<yourusernanme>
Password: <yourpassword>

I am not sure if something needs to be enabled on the Exchange server
side to make this all happen.

Thanks,

John Salvo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. NES 3.6 and Solaris 2.7

3. Linux client to MS exchange server

4. Question

5. Creating a glbal address list with a linux server and MS Win95 Clients with Exchange

6. AIX to MS DOS

7. Any linux/open-source mail clients that grok MS-exchange?

8. e1000 in 2.4?

9. Linux client for MS Exchange

10. Linux Exchange/MS Mail clients and servers

11. Firewalling a Local Area Network with routers, MS Exchange, MS Proxy and LINUX.........

12. Linux Firewalls, MS Proxy Server and MS Exchange Server

13. MS Exchange client...?