dumb serial question

Post by Mark Harr » Tue, 25 May 1993 09:50:44

I'm trying to run a 'term' connection between my PC and a DEC-Station.
If I establish the initial connection using Kermit, then shell out,
everything works but Kermit's intervention slows down things a lot.
If I exit Kermit, the connection (14400 bps modem) is broken.
How can I establish the connection without Kermit?
--

Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
Appalachian State University

1. Dumb USB Serial Question

I've installed a Belkin F5U102x2 which is a 3 port hub plus serial/parallel.

The kernel recognizes it as:

Yet, when I want to see the serial status I get this error:

Cannot get serial info: Invalid argument

The setserial command seems to work fine with regular UARTS.

Is this suppose to work with USB serial?

This is a RH7.3 stock system.

    -Mike

2. Free Beer for all Linuxers!

3. dumb da dumb dumb newbie prob.

4. Can Java connect to X server?

5. DOOM DOOM DOOM DUMB DUMB DUMB!

6. Problems installing Linux on IBM Thinkpad 360CSe

7. dumb dumb question

8. Ping The Firewall

9. Unix/W95 Question, dumb question...

10. FreeBSD firewall question + a really dumb question(yes I'm new to FreeBSD)

11. Dumb serial terminal

12. Lilo over serial console: dumb Q...

13. Dumb Terminal over serial lines...