ntfs and redh hat 6.2 kernel 2.2.14-5

Post by Myron Turn » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:50:03

Can anyone tell me where I can find the ntfs.o driver for kernel
2.2.14-5 (Red Hat 6.2)?

Thanks,

Myron Turner
Coordinator, Manitoba Visual Arts Network
https://www.mbvan.org

Post by Marc Gree » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:02:54

>Can anyone tell me where I can find the ntfs.o driver for kernel
>2.2.14-5 (Red Hat 6.2)?

It's distributed with the kernel source:

/usr/src/linux/modules/ntfs.o

on your system I think it would be installed in:

/usr/lib/modules/2.2.14-5/fs/ntfs.o

Marc

Post by Marc Gree » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:15:00

>>Can anyone tell me where I can find the ntfs.o driver for kernel
>>2.2.14-5 (Red Hat 6.2)?

>It's distributed with the kernel source:

>/usr/src/linux/modules/ntfs.o

>on your system I think it would be installed in:

>/usr/lib/modules/2.2.14-5/fs/ntfs.o

Taking a look at my other machine I don't see the driver in the modules
directory after all. If it's not there, you build it as a module when
you complile your kernel.If you're thinking about writing to ntfs, I
wouldn't recommend it, I tried and it trashed an XP install. If the ntfs
code isn't in the kernel you have, you may have to download a more recent
one, I'm not sure when the ntfs support started getting included.

Oh and that was supposet to be /lib/modules... not /usr/lib/modules..

Marc