Splitting c.o.l Again, and Again, and AGAIN!!!

Splitting c.o.l Again, and Again, and AGAIN!!!

Post by Jeff S. Pi » Mon, 26 Oct 1992 11:43:36

I think I have the absolute best solution to the hoards/mounds/gobs
of articles posted to c.o.l ( The reason for the *proposed* split )

Why don't we create comp.os.linux.split and let all of this
discussion/CR*P go there.  That should cut the load by 10% - 20%.

infuriatingly yours, jeff

BTW ( By The Way, for the TLA impaired ) : I speak for MYSELF and no one else!
--

Yes, I Richard Chamberland do think that we are the creeeam of Hooollywood
talent.  Sorry let me take that again.   We are the cream of Hooollwood

Splitting c.o.l Again, and Again, and AGAIN!!!

Post by Jerry Gais » Fri, 30 Oct 1992 03:13:46

Quote:

>BTW, is there an estimate of how many people are reading c.o.l via
>Fidonet?  A proper estimate, based on empirical data, not pure guesses.
>Do the people who run the gateway(s) know?

Probably next to impossible. I just started carrying the LINUX echo on
my BBS. I know there are at least 3 people (myself and two users) who
read it because I've gotten private mail from them. Without going through
the Maximus log, I couldn't tell you how many more are regular, who just
pass through, or whatever.
--
Jerry Gaiser                         NO on 9

        Fidonet: 1:105/380

Post by Duane Bro » Sun, 01 Nov 1992 11:38:00

 >> BTW, is there an estimate of how many people are reading c.o.l via
 >> Fidonet?  A proper estimate, based on empirical data, not pure
guesses.
 >> Do the people who run the gateway(s) know?

 JG> Probably next to impossible. I just started carrying the LINUX echo
on
 JG> my BBS. I know there are at least 3 people (myself and two users)
who
 JG> read it because I've gotten private mail from them. Without going
through

I have a user who specifically requested this echo, so I brought it in.
I was a bit suprised when I saw it looks exactly like the Unix
Newsgroups. May I assume that this echo on Fidonet is gatewayed through
to the newsgroup?

Is there any special text to place in the message to get the msg to pass
through? Or will software somewhere down the line fix the messages up?

Thanks for the information.

 * Origin: Join YouthNet today! Freq 'YouthNet' from --> (1:274/16)

1. Building Glibc 2.1.2 again, again and again

I finally built my glibc without errors.
And did a "make check" too. BUT where is the result from "make check" ?
It didn't report any errors as far as i could see.
Is there a log of  the outcome somewhere. I've been searching both rthe
source and build-drectories for some summarizing sort of log.
How can i tell if it's ok to do a "make install".

Any hints ?

2. How to change the compile parameter for a RPM package

3. Again, again, and again

4. 4KB stack + irq stack for x86

5. LinuxMall spams again and again and again...

6. Help: NFS mount

7. PPP again, and again, and...

8. -*-*-*upload for anonymous*-*-*-

9. System restart again and again automatically

10. GNORpm On again off again...

11. The newbie ask sth. again again...

12. System restart again and again automatically

13. ppp again (and again...)