Porting Linux to PS/2 microchannel machines

Porting Linux to PS/2 microchannel machines

Post by Alan Wenb » Mon, 28 Jun 1993 09:52:15

What needs to be done to port Linux to microchannel machines?  Is
it only the hard disk device drivers that don't work, or do other
parts of Linux cause problems as well?  During the last year I have
seen many posts by people attempting to do this port.  I'm interested
to know the status of these attempts and what difficulties arose.
Alan Wenban            |         Cornell University

1. Linux on Microchannel (PS/2) Machines

Hey, people.

I've noticed that Linux (from what I hear) won't work on Microchannel/IBM
PS/2 machines.  Would someone like to give me a detailed description on:
1) Why this is?
2) What would be involved in making Linux PS/2 compatible?

I'm willing to dedicate my machine to testing it out, but I know nothing
about C/C++.  Let me know.

--

2733 McClay Valley Blvd  | WWW: http://www.inlink.com/users/phylon/homepage.html
St. Peters, MO, 63376    | Inlink Service Rep * Netsurfer * Student * Guru

2. Which pipe got SIGPIPE w/o checking each??

3. boot problems

4. suicidal kill command ?

5. Anyone ported Linux to PS/2 with MicroChannel Architecture?????

6. Which VT's are free?

7. MCA Linux (Linux for PS/2 Microchannel)

8. Linux for PS/2 Microchannel

9. Linux on PS/2 Microchannel...advice please!

10. Linux on PS/2 Mod95 MicroChannel