XDM with shadow passwd

Post by C.N. Richards » Thu, 20 May 1993 22:49:32

I have got SLS 1.02 and the source for xdm-shadow. I've had a few problems compiling it, since
it includes <net/if.h> which (on SLS 1.02) is a file containing :
#include <linux/if.h>
which does not exist. The xdm which comes with SLS, is (strangely) not compiled for shadow passwds.
I would also like to try running some sessions from an X-Terminal, which broadcasts using XDMCP.
How can I do all this ?

Chris

1. xdm, login, shadow passwd

G'day,
        We want to run xdm on a heap of Sparcstations (running solaris2.3)
and all this password aging stuff is really usefull as well. Is there a hacked
version of xdm that checks the aging info in the shadow password file? Ideally,
it would ask the user too change their password just like a normal login. Maybe
I'm asking for too much...

2. learning LINUX, C++, ORACLE/INFORMIX...etc.

3. xdm with shadow passwd suite

4. Samba binaries Version 1.9.15 or higher for SCO 3.0 ODT Enterprise Server

5. Shadow passwords, xdm, ftpd, passwd

6. NEC versa 6030X

7. Missing header files..? (shadow passwd xdm)

8. AIWA TD-S8000, Travan 8GB SCSI Internal Tape Drive

9. changing passwd on NIS server updates /etc/shadow only and not shadow.byname map

10. I cannot get Shadow-3.3.1 to create shadow passwd file

11. shadow files getting wiped out (standard passwd/shadow)

12. Convert NIS passwd back to standard /etc/passwd & /etc/shadow

13. 4.1.x passwd -> 2.x passwd & shadow