Mouse Problem: Stops at bottom right

Post by Sanjoy Mish » Wed, 03 Nov 1993 22:28:56

Hi:

  I have installed Linux SLS 1.03 0.99 p1 12a on my PC (Gateway 200 486/33).
  I have a bus version of Logitech mouse connected to it.

  Xconfig looks like:

  BusMouse "/dev/mouse"

  /dev/mouse is linked to /dev/bmouselogitec.

  The problem is that after X comes up (startx), when I try to move the
  mouse, it drags to bottom right corner and stops(dead). However, the
  buttons still respond. Any clue on where I went wrong.

  Thanks to all the help...

Sanjay K. Mishra                      Work: 407-242-4333

The opinions expressed are my own and do not in any way represent Harris Corp.

1. mouse problems: new ps/2 mouse jumps to left or bottom border

At long last :)  someone actually read my message and didnt post
a knee-jerk response.  :) :) :)

dmiller said:

[ /dev/gpmdata stuff deleted ]

well, that stuff I knew...I said as much in my message.  I was
curious, however, as to why gpm handled the mouse properly, but not
XFree86 or SVGAlib.  now I know.

Thanx much for this mcnugget of info.... -EXACTLY- what I needed to
know.   I tried it (basically uncommenting a #define in psaux.c), and
it worked!

Unfortunately there's one tiny glitch -- it DOES initialized the PS/2
device, but the mouse is SUPER-SENSITIVE!   It's like 3 times the
sensitivity as it was before.   That's easy enough to deal with in
squake, where you can set the sensitivity manually -- but not so in
XFree86.

Well, I looked at the psaux.c code further -- down in the file there's
an #ifdef where the device is actually initialized -- I change a few
parameters, and it's working okay now.

I'm going to fire of a message to the psaux.c maintainer -- perhaps
they can patch it so that initialization, and device sensitivity
parameters (samples/sec, scaling, etc.) are available as option to
the module -- like sound parameters in the late 2.1's.   I dunno how
this would be handled if you weren't using modules though.

----
Mark Orr

2. Gcc support for tchar and itoa()?

3. olvwm: Virtual Desktop at bottom right?

4. How to force Solaris 7 to boot to command line instead of CDE or OpenWin?

5. the bottom line on Berkeley code rights?

6. memory allocation and UDP

7. stopping xterm scrolling to bottom

8. backwards port of abmerge?

9. Make right mouse btn act as middle on 2btn mouse?

10. Use ctrl+left mouse button as right mouse button

11. right handed mouse to left handed mouse?

12. Help: 2nd mouse button (3 button mouse) not working right

13. Right mouse, left mouse