XTERM, XAWTV/Radio, And Keyboard Quirks

Post by Stev » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:40:55

Hi;

I noticed something rather odd.

I use the "radio" program that comes with xawtv.

It uses an ncurses front end.

Pressing key "g" then a frequency takes you to the station you want to
listen to.
Pressing the up arrow lets you "scroll the tuner".

I've found that if I press the up arrow AFTER using "g" to get to a
frequency that I will be kicked out of radio and find myself back in
the xterm.

This happens with xterm and konsole. Does not happen with rxvt.

I am wondering if this has something to do with international keyboard
settings( which I have set to American via KDE)?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1. Strange quirk in xterm

I'm noticing a strange quick in my xterm (cxterm and kterm as well,
actually).  It's not a _big_ problem, but it's damn well annoying.  When
I use 'more' or run 'bog', the app only updates the xterm after every
fourth key press.  For example, if I'm 'more'ing a file, I have to hit
the spacebar four times to make the text scroll, but then it'll scroll
four pages worth of text.  This doesn't happen with all apps, however.
I know that 'less' does not show this problem.  Does anyone know what's
going on and what I need to do to fix this?  Thanks in advance.

--
Donald K. Wong

2. How to determine the url of a radio stream

3. xawtv and xawtv.applet

4. SSH/Telnet troubles

5. AIX/xterm/bash quirk

6. Is there a complete Unicode font for Linux?

7. Installation keyboard quirk

8. Need a Wee Hand Setting Up ~/.xinitrc

9. Static FM Radio using ivtv-radio on Hauppauge PVR-350

10. TNT V0.9 Packet Radio Hostmode Terminal (Ham Radio)

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. alt-F1 in xterm and rxvt are putting out different keyboard signals?

13. Keyboard mappings with xterm/rxvt