Is there any more reliable NAT beside IP MASQ?

Is there any more reliable NAT beside IP MASQ?

Post by Will » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:51:32

I am using kernel 2.4.x so some of the application modules for 2.2.x won't
work on 2.4.x.
Is there any other method to share the internet if we only have 1 IP address
under linux?
Thanks

Is there any more reliable NAT beside IP MASQ?

Post by Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidde » Sun, 16 Dec 2001 04:32:36

Behold! For Willy declaimed:

Quote:> I am using kernel 2.4.x so some of the application modules for 2.2.x
> won't work on 2.4.x.
> Is there any other method to share the internet if we only have 1 IP
> address under linux?
> Thanks

Why not switch back to 2.2? Yes, not all applications are ported to 2.4
(ICQ was recently added, though.). Alternatively you could of course ask
for a specific protocol you're needing and somebody may tell you if it's
in development (or even already supported) with 2.4.

-- vbi