:Alarm Clock and Animation

Post by Art Tayl » Wed, 21 Apr 1993 04:09:44

Greetings.  I am having a problem with any animation-viewing programs on my
Linuxbox.  xviewgl, xdl, and xflick all abort(at different stages) and give
'Alarm Clock' as their only output.
xviewgl loads up a screen, then when it's time to play the animation, it
then aborts.  xdl gets to the point where it sets up the bitmaps, says it
is done, then pukes out.
xflick works, as long as it is run in verbose mode(then for a finite number
of cycles), then exits with the same error.
I am using 4.3.3, and 3.0 of the Xlibs, Xfree86 1.2, GCC 2.3.3, 99pl7A, and
olvwm.
A possible(and considered) problem is the size of my system.  I'm running a
386sx/20, with 4 meg core(7 Swap) and 85 MB HD.  This may seem particularly
constrictive for X, but I've stripped everything down(4 Meg total FREE) and
run them from xvt.  Still, they hate me.
Is this just a memory problem?  It doesn't swap very much, so I wouldn't
think that I am using all my vmem, but anything is possible.

--
"Give a family foodstamps, and they'll survive for a week;
teach them how to forge foodstamps, and they're set for life."       Art Taylor