Exceed like emulation ?

Post by el_squid_2.. » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 05:59:38

Hi - I am running Suse 6.4 and I am looking for a Windowing emulation
package such as Exceed (preferrably less expensive).. that will allow
me to remotely log into my Linux server with my Windows 2000 machine and
have a windowing environment instead of the staid telnet sessions... Any
help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
El Squid

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Exceed like emulation ?

Post by Bob Marti » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:54:37

> Hi - I am running Suse 6.4 and I am looking for a Windowing emulation
> package such as Exceed (preferrably less expensive).. that will allow
> me to remotely log into my Linux server with my Windows 2000 machine and
> have a windowing environment instead of the staid telnet sessions... Any
> help appreciated.

> Thanks in advance,
> El Squid

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

take a look at vnc
--

Bob Martin

Exceed like emulation ?

Post by Valentin Guille » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:40:19

Squid,

Look on your install cd in subdirectory called /dosutils.  YOu will find
an evaluation copy of Hummingbird's Exceed program ready for
installation, and you will probably also find MI/X's program for using X
on a windows 32 platform, called MIX.

Several of the last versions of SuSE have shipped with the MIX program
in addition to the eval Exceed program.

See: http://www.rahul.net/kenton/xsites.html#XMicrosoft  for more  info
on X clients for windows.

Regards,
Valentin Guillen

Quote:

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. how to upgrade a Linux distribution so PERL's DBI likes it?

Newsgroupies

    Step 1: Install OpenLinux 1.1 "Lite"

    Step 2: Configure & tweak everything

    Step 3: Install about 300 meg of files

    Step 4: Discover that nearly everything you want to do requires RH
5.2, not RH 4.2 which is what OL 1.1 is.

The actual problem I'm up against right now is when I try to install DBI
the 'perl Makefile.PL' says everything's okay, then 'make' claims it
can't find dozens of common C header files like stdlib.h, in.h,
params.h, etc. So I start installing gcc-2*.rpm and its dependencies
over and over again, then finding the h files it emits and copying them
into the directory 'makefile' seems to be looking at.

I have no stdio.h on the box. I thought Linux came with a complete C
compiler built-in.

I'm going to get OpenLinux 1.3 and try to refresh my install. This
should give me a clean image with the correct configurations, and just
maybe I'l get a viable stdio.h.

On a Real Computer, the OS install program does not insist on wiping out
the hard drive. Caldera's installer is going to require I reformat.

How do I upgrade the install without reformatting the drive? I don't
think I'l want to mount the CD, go to its RPMS directory, and call
'rpm -U *.rpm'. That's just going to research the existing (bad)
configuration and then screw it up more, right?

Any hints welcome. Like hopefully before I start.

  --  Phlip at politizen dot com                  (address munged)

2. Where can I find libXt.0.6 in ELF

3. Will GNUtella kills off Yahoo and the likes?

4. How to change the mouse-menu-list ?

5. Help-PC likes linux so much won't run DOS

6. Init Id * respawn error

7. Allchin backtracks, now likes open source

8. ftpd logging still no luck

9. KDM likes to resize user's images

10. mountd not liking /etc/exports in 2.8, 3.0

11. Gosling likes idea of open source Java (Re: More as* kicking: Unilever picks J2EE over .NET)

12. Solaris "showrev" command look-a-likes?

13. Toys'R Us Likes NT Best