Segmentation Error

Post by Simon Coop » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:28:09

Whenever I try to run GnoRPM in RH 6.1, I always get a 'segmentation
error'. What is it caused by, and how can I stop it?

Segmentation Error

Post by Davi » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:23:02

> Whenever I try to run GnoRPM in RH 6.1, I always get a 'segmentation
> error'. What is it caused by, and how can I stop it?

You need to get any updates from here if you haven't already.

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/rh61-errata-general.html

ID # 123538
Completed more W/U's than 99.023% of seti users. +/- 0.01%

1. segmentation errors

I am having problems with a new Slackware/XFree 3.1 installation. I am new
to Linux, so I am unsure how to troubleshoot my problem from here.

After doing the Slackware Pro 2.1 installation, which appeared to go well.
I tried to compile the first program from an Introduction to X Windows by
Jones. After fixing a few problems with the program, I got it to compile,
but when I run the resulting binary I get a segementation error. I
initially wrote this off as something wrong with the program.

Now I install SWiM 2.0, and after installation, when I run mwm I get the
same Segmentation error. I am beginning to suspect that I have a deeper
problem with my installation.

What is a Segmentation error?

Any ideas on how I can narrow down my problem further?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Harper

--
Scott Harper
Cisco Systems

2. isdn/eumex

3. Segmentation Error.. Continued.

4. Crontab field 3, day of month, 1-31, what if month has 30 days?

5. dosemu -> Segmentation error

6. Ultra DMA/33,66,100 data corruption danger

7. Segmentation error

8. linux IP Masquerading firewall problems

9. segmentation error loading the menu bar in GNOME

10. Segmentation error at apachectl startup

11. segmentation error

12. Segmentation error and TOP

13. segmentation errors on mounted vfat drives