HELP Diamond Viper VLB & XFree 1.2 Xconfig

HELP Diamond Viper VLB & XFree 1.2 Xconfig

Post by jsem.. » Tue, 27 Jul 1993 21:09:06

I am desperate!  I have been unsucessfully trying to get XFree1.2 running.
My situation is this... I have a Dimond Viper VLB video card (I know how well
respected Diamond is in the XFree community :-\ ). I would like to ask that
anyone who has been able to get Xfree running with the Viper VLB video card
please share your Xconfig file and any other information.

Thanks,

Jeff Semroc

please e-mail to:

Post by Serge A. Plotk » Thu, 29 Jul 1993 18:04:01

   >I am desperate!  I have been unsucessfully trying to get XFree1.2 running.
   >My situation is this... I have a Dimond Viper VLB video card (I know how well
   >respected Diamond is in the XFree community :-\ ). I would like to ask that
   >anyone who has been able to get Xfree running with the Viper VLB video card
   >please share your Xconfig file and any other information.

   No one can help you with that graphics board right now. The VIPER uses the
   P9000 chipset that is no svga chipset. XFree86 does not support that chipset
   by now (release 1.3) and will not support it in the next release.
   Sorry, but this is a much greater problem than the board beeing built by diamond.

   >Thanks,
   >
   >Jeff Semroc
   >
   >please e-mail to:

           Helmut Geyer

It seems that the best one can currently do is to get XFree 1.3 and run
it in mono mode 800x600, using the "freq" program in the diamond.gz
package.

-serge

1. Diamond Viper VLB P9000 Xconfig ??

Hi All!

Has anyone got and x-config file for one os these ???

Or can any of you give me some info to get it top work ???

Please reply as this is the 3rd time I've tried a version of Linux on my
machine!!

Cheers,

MikeT ...

 Mike Tatum                | Dungeon Network Systems ...     | \\\\?//

-----------------------------------------------------------oOOo-\ a /-oOOo-

2. kernel panic

3. Xconfig for NEC 5FGp and Diamond Viper VLB 2MB

4. Apache use with Win95/NT like WinGate

5. XFree86 3.1 & Diamond Viper VLB/CrystalScan help

6. laptop modem

7. diamond viper vlb/xfree 2.0

8. HELP: SCO Shell printouts (Openserver 5)

9. Diamond Viper VLB -- PCI-VLB mixup????

10. Viper VLB & Xconfig

11. XFree file for Mag MX15F & Viper 2m VLB?

12. XFree86 3.1 & Diamond Viper VLB/Crystal Scan monitor