screen colors and termcap?

Post by timo.. » Sun, 02 May 1993 23:34:09

I'd like to use tin adn elm w/ different screen colors, but when I use
setterm tin resets the screen to white on black. I tried different
numbers in the so=, se=, us=, ue=, md=, mr=, me=, and mb= lines in
/etc/termcap and then I tried commenting out those lines, but tin
_still_ resets screen colors.

1) Are these the only lines that have to do w/ screen colors in
termcap, and if so why will tin reset colors w/ them gone?

2) Does anyone know how to produce black type on cyan background, and
its reverse, using termcap? I have tried
\E[almost_every_number_from_1_to_255 w/ no success.

3) Is there any way to set the screen colors w/o tin,elm overriding
the selection?

Pls reply email as I no longer receive this group. I will forward a
solution to anyone who requests. Thanks.

--
Timothy Buchanan.

      ------- Time is our only resource, humor our only defense. --------

1. how to change screen color on console screen??

Hi all,

How do you change the screen color on a console screen.  I currently have
black text on a white background.  I would like to reverse it.  Which files
contain these info or what commands do I use?  A starting point would
suffice.
thanks

2. GCC 2.6.3: Undefined symbol in libm.sa?

3. Inverse screen colours on boot screen

4. X3.1.2D Problems (Can't get a Window Manager running)

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Linux Journal - Good News

7. Complete Color Termcap/Terminfo for ANSI, etc.

8. Analogue & ISDN setup for 2.5.1

9. how to enable color in termcap for console??

10. DeCo and Color (Termcap)

11. termcap & color question

12. Color Terminal Termcaps

13. termcap problem: no colors on xterm!!