Which Radio/TV Tuner Cards Work with Linux?

Which Radio/TV Tuner Cards Work with Linux?

Post by Alastair Fost » Mon, 21 May 2001 14:07:34

Hi all. I'm thinking of getting an FM radio tuner card (either
with or without TV facilities) for my PC. Having had a breif
look at what's on the web, it would appear that there is a
motion video driver in the Linux kernel which supports many of
these cards. Unfortunately, it is not clear exactly which
cards are supported.

Are the appropriate drivers available in the 2.2 series
kernels, or does one have to get a 2.4 kernel? Are there
userspace drivers available? And does anyone have a list of
the brands of card which are supported? Or is it determined
by chipset type; in which case, which chipsets are supported
and is it easy to tell which chipset a particular card is
based on?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

--
Alastair Foster
http://users.netaccess.co.nz/ala/

Which Radio/TV Tuner Cards Work with Linux?

Post by Kresimir Marz » Tue, 22 May 2001 00:18:00

Quote:>  Hi all. I'm thinking of getting an FM radio tuner card (either
>  with or without TV facilities) for my PC. Having had a breif
>  look at what's on the web, it would appear that there is a
>  motion video driver in the Linux kernel which supports many of
>  these cards. Unfortunately, it is not clear exactly which
>  cards are supported.

>  Are the appropriate drivers available in the 2.2 series
>  kernels, or does one have to get a 2.4 kernel? Are there
>  userspace drivers available? And does anyone have a list of
>  the brands of card which are supported? Or is it determined
>  by chipset type; in which case, which chipsets are supported
>  and is it easy to tell which chipset a particular card is
>  based on?

Look at  http://www.bytesex.org/bttv for  bttv drivers for  2.4 kernels.
BT878 chips are  well supported. I have  BT878(Prolink PV-BT878P+4E) and
it's  working  well, TV  and  FM.  Look also  at  http://www.linuxtv.org

--

1. REQ: Recomendations for Multi-Norm Hybrid TV-Tuner/FM Radio Card for Laptop

Hi,

Could you kindly suggest any currently availabe Multi-Norm
(NTSC/PAL/SECAM) Hybrid TV-Tuner/FM Radio Card that is well
supported by linux. I understand it is better to buy PCIMCA
rather than USB for bandwidth considerations and that bt8x8
and saa71xx chipsets seem to be popular choice.

sincerely
B Thomas

2. no subject (file transmission)

3. Is there an AGP card w/TV tuner that will work w/LINUX?

4. Date function

5. anyone have a ATI tv tuner card working in Linux?

6. Problem _ eth0 interrupted while interrupts are masked!!!!!

7. Any working PCMCIA TV tuner cards?

8. HP JetAdmin for x86...

9. MSI TV @anywhere TV Tuner card

10. Working Configuration for TView99 TV Tuner Card

11. Zoltrix TV MAX tv tuner and vid capture card..

12. need help with tv tuner card and xaw tv

13. TV tuner & FM tuner trouble shooting in linux