Getting sound (OPL3SA2) to work on SuSE 7.1

Getting sound (OPL3SA2) to work on SuSE 7.1

Post by Isak Lybert » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:53:41

I have a lovely toshiba Satelite labtop with a Yamaha OPL3SA2 sound card
that i just cant get to work
I run SuSE 7.1 with kernel 2.4.13 on it
I feel i have tried everything: including the driver in the kernel,
making modules, hummed like a be while levitating, but i still get it to
make a sound.

What do i do?

Regards Isak

1. Update Suse 7.1 to Kde 2.2.2 sound system does'nt work

I use Suse linux 7.1 and kde 2.1 on kernel 2.2.18
My sound card is integrated AC 97 ES1371 chpiset on motherboard Gibagyte
the sound system is OSS V 3.95f
every thing work fine
I update kde to 2.2.1 version and now i can't get any sound from kde , I
mean in the desktop (close windows, stared kde and so on.

for the other program ,real player, xine for DVD , CD the sound is working.

could you help me ?

regard

2. Help me! A kernel memory question.

3. DESPERATE for help in getting SuSE 7.1 to run properly.

4. Music CD's play, but not computer generated sounds

5. sound on a toshiba tecra (suse 7 or slack 7.1)

6. Linux on an i486-8 Mb RAM machine?

7. Getting sound to work on Suse linux 6.3

8. xlock as screensaver in Solaris2.5.1

9. Sound Blaster 16 problems on SuSe linux 7.1

10. nohup does not work with 'make' on SuSE 7.1

11. Will SuSE Linux 7.1 Work with Netgear Phoneline 10X Cards?

12. SuSE 7.1 on 533 Mhz G4 : how does it work?