Headers, Headers, whos got the Headers

Post by David Eng » Mon, 17 Aug 1992 05:33:06

:   - Does anybody have any idea how the headers are supposed to be arranged
:     and what their contents should be?
:
:   - Which ones go where, which versions should be used, which ones shouldn't
:     be used, where can they be found?
:
:   - Should the headers included with the GNU 2.2.2 release in
:     0.96cpl2inc.tar.Z be used as well as those included with the 0.97
:     kernel? (I wasn't using them)
:
: Any help that anybody could give would be appreciated.  And "No!" I don't plan
: on quitting my day job. :)

I think H.J. and Linus finally have the header problem solved.  Get
2.2.2d when it's released tomorrow and install it with the 0.97pl1
kernel source.  After that, everything should work fine (at least it
does on my system).

David
--
David Engel                        Optical Data Systems, Inc.

(214) 234-6400                     Richardson, TX  75081

1. kernel source, kernel headers, and glibc headers

Could someone plese explain to me the proper way of upgrading a kernel?

I am trying to compile a generic 2.4.17 kernel on a RH 7.2 system.  While
the compile works, I've been told "never just untar kernel source in
/usr/src/" - I don't know why and how kernel headers and glibc headers
all work together.

AFAIK, RH does someting non-standard with header file locations, but I
have no idea what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Yan

2. SmallTalk Problem

3. linux cooked header to ethernet header conversion

4. help socket.c

5. glibc header files or kernel header files?

6. iptables

7. Wanted to write a single packet w/ 2 IP headers & 1 TCP header.

8. ALSA - can't play multiple sources simultaneously

9. apache header header

10. #ifndef/#ifdef problems in my header file (conditional header inclusion)

11. Best way to point to the ip headers and tcp headers of an skbuff?

12. Problems getting META tags to generate headers

13. Installed spamassassin and now getting malformed headers in mail boxes