swap CAPS_LOCK and CTRL?

Post by Warner Lo » Mon, 02 Aug 1993 13:11:35

Quote:>Under X, look at the xmodmap man page.  I have no Idea under a VT.

For virtual consoles and kernel < p10, you must hack keyboard.c.  For
kernels >= p10, you can use a xmodmap-like facility that is provided
with them (could be p11 or greater).

The hack to keyboard.c is to change ctrl to caps and vice versa in the
key scan table.  You'll also need to change unctrl and uncaps as well.
The patch is a good excersize, so I'll not include how I completed it
here.  If you can't hack the kernel and need this fix, it might be
best to go to P11, since I'm not sure that my fix is the best way to
do it.

Warner
--

I've almost finished my brute force solution to subtlety.

swap CAPS_LOCK and CTRL?

Post by Warner Lo » Mon, 02 Aug 1993 13:12:37

Quote:>Loadkeys came in with 0.99pl9 plus or minus 1.  It uses a map file
>that seems to be modelled after xmodmap commands.

It is not in .99p9, so it must be 10 or 11.

Warner

--

I've almost finished my brute force solution to subtlety.