logging on over the serial port (reply by e-mail)

logging on over the serial port (reply by e-mail)

Post by Arthur Klass » Sat, 15 May 1993 15:48:42

My brother has LINUX installed on a computer and he's trying to hook up
another PC over a null-modem cable to log in from. The two boxes talk just
fine when a couple of terminal-programs are running. But in following the
directions to allow a terminal to connect over the serial line, the system
quickly complains that the terminal is responding too quickly and refuses to
connect.

I'm not a regular reader of this group. My brother and I have pored over all
the FAQ's we could get our hands on to no avail. tia for any e-mail response.

ak
--

h: +1 (604) 530-3563          || call, can't you hear it? Roads of the earth
b: +1 (604) 521-7791 x303     || and roads of the spirit.

1. more help needed logging in by serial port (e-mail please)

Hi, I'm back, if only for a moment. My brother has a LINUX box, he's trying
to connect to my PC (next door in building via null-modem cable) and the
message he gets regarding his ttys is that they're "respawning" too quickly,
not responding as I said in my original post.

Any further enlightenment would be GREATLY appreciated. tia

ank
--

h: +1 (604) 530-3563          || call, can't you hear it? Roads of the earth
b: +1 (604) 521-7791 x303     || and roads of the spirit.

2. Avance Logic ALG230X and Xconfig

3. Replies to 4-6 port serial card for Modems

4. Access to Win98 drives from Linux

5. serial port on v490 and Serial port on StorEdge 3510

6. help with glibc-2 and gcc!

7. Serial port to serial port copying software

8. MAXMEM Compiler Warning

9. Send traffic from one serial port out to another serial port

10. Serial port to serial port with null modem cable

11. Serial port - to - serial port networking

12. serial console - lilo serial= no serial port input

13. monitoring and logging CTS on a serial port