Corel Linux install

Post by Grant Chiver » Sat, 13 May 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Corel on my laptop which has no cdrom, so I put all
the source files on my HDD and try to install from there,
has anyone had any success doing this with Corel?

1. Corel Linux install--Windows 98 boots, Linux doesn't

Did you see the "linux" prompt?
If yes try to print:
dos - to load Windows
linux - to load Linux

Regards,
Alex Kirkovsky

| Hello,
|
| Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find any
| answers through Deja.com, or on Corel Linux's web site.
|
| I've "installed" the freeware Corel Linux in a partition on my C: drive
| (where it's definately taking up real estate, I just don't know where).
| Anyway, after the install program went through the 1/2 hour procedure, I
| removed the install floppy, instructed my computer to restart, which it
| dutifully did... loading Windows 98. I can't find a way to get my computer
| to boot up with Linux; and once I do that, I need to know how to boot
| Windows 98 again. I think I'm probably missing something really obvious,
| but I don't know what. :/ At the same time, I'm sure I'm not the first
| person to experience this problem.
|
| Can anyone help me with this, and tell me if there's anything else I've
| missed or should do? Here are some of my stats, though they are so common
| that I'm not sure any of them make a difference:
|
| AMD K6-II 450 mHz
| 64 MB RAM
| 13 GB HD
| Windows 98 OSR2
| Corel Linux (Most basic version, downloaded from Corel, burned onto a CD
| from .iso image)
|

| Thanks,
|

| <> David
| -----------
| "They were delightful... I mean, if they're not eating you, they're very
|   pleasant people."
| --James Michener on the cannibals of New Hebrides
|
| Have you visited http://members.xoom.com/ptrial today?
| Remove "spamjam." from address to reply.

2. Slow/garbled Network shares

3. Corel Linux Install..

4. Mailing list for this running large Linux systems?

5. Help With New Corel Linux Install

6. S3 Virge Problem

7. corel linux install problem with riva TNT

8. Mandrake Linux on 600au

9. Corel Linux Install

10. Corel Linux Install Problem

11. Corel Linux Install Problems

12. corel linux install problem

13. Corel Linux install halts at 98% Complete