uucp, pbmplus and rc corrupt ?

Post by Chris Wat » Sun, 03 May 1992 23:51:07

I've had some problems installing the binaries to uucp, pbmplus and rc
from both tsx-11.mit.edu and nic.funet.fi.  The always end up corrupt
when I uncompress and untar them.  Has anybody else had this problem
or is it just me?  If it is a problem with compiling them can the
person that put the up correct it please.

+------------------------+--------------------------------------+

| /    /---  /-- . (     |                                      |
| \__ /   / /   / __)    |                                      |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------+

uucp, pbmplus and rc corrupt ?

Post by Dylan Smi » Mon, 04 May 1992 00:20:43

>I've had some problems installing the binaries to uucp, pbmplus and rc
>from both tsx-11.mit.edu and nic.funet.fi.  The always end up corrupt
>when I uncompress and untar them.  Has anybody else had this problem
>or is it just me?  If it is a problem with compiling them can the

I had this problem - but when I repulled the file it came down OK.
I think nsf.sun sometimes erroneously defaults to text-transfer mode so
I now always type 'bin' to ensure the transfer is just that.

--

uucp, pbmplus and rc corrupt ?

Post by Chris Wat » Wed, 06 May 1992 17:28:58

>>I've had some problems installing the binaries to uucp, pbmplus and rc
>>from both tsx-11.mit.edu and nic.funet.fi.  The always end up corrupt
>>when I uncompress and untar them.  Has anybody else had this problem
>>or is it just me?  If it is a problem with compiling them can the

>I had this problem - but when I repulled the file it came down OK.
>I think nsf.sun sometimes erroneously defaults to text-transfer mode so
>I now always type 'bin' to ensure the transfer is just that.

But I used ft-relay to pull it so either theres a problem with ft-relay
or the files are corrupt at site.  Perhaps some one in the US could check.

1. difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit ?

What is the difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit?
I am using Redhat 8. I did a diff on them and they are identical.
/etc/rc.sysinit is apparently a copy of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit since it
says that it is that file, even though it's not (see below).

#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - run once at boot time

I want to change something in whichever of these scripts is run at
bootup, but I don't know which one gets run.

Thanks,
Russell

2. CANNON BJC-240 question?

3. which user does /etc/rc.d/rc.local / rc.sysinit run as?

4. How To Execute Perl Pgm From Command Prompt?

5. SOLVED - Raid rc.0, rc.6 rc.S

6. case and optargs

7. Help ! rc.sysinit is corrupted

8. ipnat weird problem

9. rc boot files corrupted

10. Binary for a sysinstall that won't corrupt my rc.conf

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. UUCP File Arrives at Remote Site Corrupted

13. Trouble with /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit root mount