comparison of embedded linux flavours

Post by Krish » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 00:26:22

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any article or a paper with a
comprehensive comparison of various Embedded Linux flavours (TimeSys,
MontaVista, RT-Linux, Lineo etc.)-- not just in performance, but
interms of configurability, tools etc.

Thanks in advance.

Krish

Post by Karim Yaghmou » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:57:34

> I would like to know if there is any article or a paper with a
> comprehensive comparison of various Embedded Linux flavours (TimeSys,
> MontaVista, RT-Linux, Lineo etc.)-- not just in performance, but
> interms of configurability, tools etc.

LinuxDevices.com had done such a comparison a while ago. Not that
you need any distro to build an embedded Linux system ... All the
open source and free software packages assembled in these distros
are freely available for you to download ...

Karim

--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits