logitech mouse on ps2aux mouse port

Post by Jeff Kue » Sat, 15 May 1993 07:18:40

I'm looking for some help with the ps2 auxillary mouse port on my AMI
motherboard.  I have a Logitech MouseMan three button mouse with is design to
plug into this port.  However, when I run X, the mouse doesn't respond
correctly...  the cursor get stuck against the top of the screen image and
noting will bring it back down.  The mouse does work on this port for
MSWindows_3.1, but under linux/XS3/XFree86 the mouse is hosed.  I'm running

        linux 0.99pl9 (w/ ps2aux enabled)
        XFree86 1.2 (w/ "MouseMan" on "/dev/ps2aux" in Xconfig)
        XS3_0.4.4

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--jeff

Post by Dean Troy » Sat, 15 May 1993 07:59:41

>I'm looking for some help with the ps2 auxillary mouse port on my AMI
>motherboard.  I have a Logitech MouseMan three button mouse with is design to
>plug into this port.  However, when I run X, the mouse doesn't respond
>correctly...  the cursor get stuck against the top of the screen image and
>noting will bring it back down.  The mouse does work on this port for
>MSWindows_3.1, but under linux/XS3/XFree86 the mouse is hosed.  I'm running

>    linux 0.99pl9 (w/ ps2aux enabled)
>    XFree86 1.2 (w/ "MouseMan" on "/dev/ps2aux" in Xconfig)

                         ^^^^^^^^
                         This is the problem.
Change it to PS2 (or whatever, check the X386 manpage).  A PS/2 aux port
is nothing like anything else.  It has it's own protocol & packet format.

Quote:>--jeff

dt

--

Phoenix AZ
(602) 436-3613

1. Using Logitech 3 button mouse, as a Logitech 3 button mouse.

Subject says it all,  after weeks of pain, grief, frustration, hating
everybody who kept telling me that Logitech mice work fine with 0.96bp2.
I finally got my Logitech Mouseman (3 buttons) to work.  Simply by
uncommenting the line in Xconfig for a Microsoft mouse. (Thank you whoever
posted this little snippet of advice, if only I had known).  However, I have
a 3 BUTTON mouse and would really like to use it as such.  Does anybody have
  ^^^^^^^^
a Mouseman working with 3 buttons.  Please, please tell me if you do.

Thanks (I hope) in advance,

Scott.

2. autofs fails to start

3. Logitech Mouse causes mouse driver to hang?

4. solaris 8 + Rsync + password

5. Mouse Problem: Logitech Mouse Button 2

6. rpc.statd still complaining !?

7. "Logitech iFeel Mouse USB" mouse model.

8. Can't get client address/Connection timed out...why?

9. Logitech First Mouse (tm) 3 Button Mouse

10. Weird mouse behaviour w/ XFree86 3.3.2 and Logitech PS/2 mouse

11. middle mouse button + Logitech pilot mouse

12. Logitech Mouse+ (wheel mouse) and X

13. Logitech ADB Trackman Marble mouse/mice/trackball