exim date problem

Post by Marijan P » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 02:46:17

>Hi

>I'm using redhat and exim. The problem is that I installed redhat inGerman
>and now locale values (like the date) are in used in exim andthey are German
>too. So the weekday and the 3-letter monthname look likedez instead of dec
>and this seems to cause troubles with some mailclients (wrong date
>displayed). Does anybody have an idea how to fix that in exim or can you
>tell me howI can change these locale things to another language on redhat.
>or howdo I switch between languages, which I installed, in general? I'm
>notusing X, so please tell me how to do that in shell.

Edit /etc/sysconfig/i18n file and in there add:
LC_TIME="your_locale_settings"
Run 'locale -a' for listing of possible locale settings and look
man locale(1) for more details.

--
You came out of nowhere with drums of thunder and a heart of gold.
Welcome to the inner circle.

1. grep using date problem (fgrep `date '+%D'` ~/.diary)?

In my login file I have this :

setenv fred `date '+%D'`
fgrep $fred ~/.diary

But with a file whos contents is : something like

12/12/9  |  Description of date.

and the current date output being "12/12/91" it does not print out that line, any
helpers?

also does date '+%D' give 01/01/91 or 1/1/91 type output?

Any help please?????

PS. Could you reply by e-mail, thanks. I shall summerise if I get any requests.

2. "hdc: lost interrupt" errors

3. Problem changing date to future date

4. Newbie + FreeBSD + NE2000 = ??

5. date forecast problem - date.txt (1/1)

6. Linux is so slow.

7. exim (was smail) config problem

8. Wanted: Terminal Software for Access Computer

9. mail server problems (cyrus & exim)

10. exim install problem (Debian)

11. Local mail delivery problem (RH6.1, Exim 3.12)

12. exim (was smail) problem

13. exim 2.05 + fetchmail problems