DIP problem: mode SLIP gives SETD: Invalid argument

DIP problem: mode SLIP gives SETD: Invalid argument

Post by David Simmo » Fri, 20 Aug 1993 17:01:46

When I try to initiate a SLIP connection with a terminal server,
DIP gives me a "SETD: Invalid argument" error when I attempt
to "mode SLIP".

I am setting the remote, port, and speed commands correctly.
(and also the local).

I have the terminal server set to always give me my machine's
IP address, and the terminal server prompts me that SLIP mode
has begun.  The terminal server is an Annex, set to handle
compression.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David Simmons
System Administrator
Mississippi State University Electrical Engineering

1. DIP problem: 'mode SLIP' gives SETD error

Due to errors in the installation of the news software on
my system, the return address was incorrect on my last
message.  This address should be correct.
Here is the original message:

When I try to initiate a SLIP connection with a terminal server,
DIP gives me a "SETD: Invalid argument" error when I attempt
to "mode SLIP".

I am setting the remote, port, and speed commands correctly.
(and also the local).

I have the terminal server set to always give me my machine's
IP address, and the terminal server prompts me that SLIP mode
has begun.  The terminal server is an Annex, set to handle
compression.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David Simmons
System Administrator
Mississippi State University Electrical Engineering

2. New RPM packages for Linux

3. SLIP: SETD Invalid Argument

4. Solstice Adminsuite

5. HELP: "DIP tty: set_disc(1): Invalid Argument" problems with SLIP!

6. Can't setup Sony CDRW Redhat 6.2

7. Problem: DIP: tty: set_disc(1): Invalid argument

8. Linux and NTFS?

9. DIP Problem, Invalid arg in set_disc(1), kernel configed for SLIP

10. rcp from 2.5.1 to 2.6 giving "stty: invalid argument" error... why?

11. IFCONFIG gives socket: invalid argument

12. Dip: tty: set_disc(1): Invalid argument

13. Exportfs Giving 'Invalid Argument' After Reboot