Weird network problem with pl12

Post by John Fauerba » Sat, 04 Sep 1993 21:55:22

I installed pl12 and got pinging to work to one machine, aurora, but I can't
ping to any onther machine on the same network cable.  There is nothing in the
hosts, network, or any other file that would distgunish aurora over any other
machine.  I was able to get nfs working to aurora also.  Anyone has any ideas?
There are several other machines in my hosts file before aurora.  Only the
hosts file has aurora in it.

Thanks,

John Fauerbach

1. Weird network problem with pl12

 -=> Quoting John Fauerbach to All <=-

 JF> I installed pl12 and got pinging to work to one machine, aurora, but I
 JF> can't ping to any onther machine on the same network cable.  There is
 JF> nothing in the hosts, network, or any other file that would distgunish
 JF> aurora over any other machine.  I was able to get nfs working to aurora
 JF> also.  Anyone has any ideas? There are several other machines in my
 JF> hosts file before aurora.  Only the hosts file has aurora in it.

What happens when you ping the ip address directly?

... Sincerely, Derek

2. Corsair drives

3. Networking with pl12 (my solution)

4. Legally overriding permissions from shell scripts

5. Networking with pl12 (apology!!)

6. RedHat and getting modem to answer a dialup Help please. . .

7. talk not working with pl12/net-2, loopback only : network unreachable

8. IO Clustering & Delayed allocation

9. Networking with PL12

10. network with pl12

11. networking with pl12

12. Setting IRQ or Networking with PL12

13. Weird Ping, weird FTP, weird Telnet... HELP!!!