Mouse problem

Post by Sabri Dilm » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:15:22

Does anyone have the same problem as mine ?

My mouse pointer goes to the top-right corner of the screen every a
couple of seconds.

Here is my config:
    RedHat 7.1
    Pentium 700MhZ,
    GeForce2
    PCDVD  8x creative

Please respond as this is really annoying behavior.

thanks

Mouse problem

Post by Andrew Fure » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:46:35

Quote:> My mouse pointer goes to the top-right corner of the screen every a
> couple of seconds.

> Here is my config:
>     RedHat 7.1
>     Pentium 700MhZ,
>     GeForce2
>     PCDVD  8x creative

I have this problem on an Athlon 750MHz, with Ximian Gnome on Redhat 6.2
(not sure of video card). I suspect it's actually a mouse driver
problem. This mouse is an A4Tech wheel mouse using the IMPS/2 driver
under X.

The way I've found to fix it is to scroll the mouse wheel up and down.
This seems to reset the mouse almost straight away. Apart from that I
don't know how to stop it from happening :(

--

Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)
and Linux experts (http://www.linuxconsultants.com.au) for instant help!

Mouse problem

Post by M Browni » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:09:13

This used to drive me mad too!  It is a well documented problem on RH
systems but you rarely see a solution.  Here are two quick fixes:

1.  Get another mouse using a different protocol - they cost next to
nothing.

2.  Shutdown and turn off your computer - wait a good five seconds.
Then, hold down the left hand mouse key and reboot (holding the key
down all the time to be on the safe side).  Still covering the left
hand key, login as root and type mouseconfig --kickstart, followed
(optionally) by a supported protocol.  I reckon that will sort you out
- post here again if it doesn't, specifying type of mouse and giving
details of the 'pointing device' bit in your Xconfig file.