Can't change default font on my boot disk

Can't change default font on my boot disk

Post by xy.. » Wed, 21 Jul 1993 23:09:44

I selected the wrong font on my bootdisk, and now, I can't seem to change it.
I read the FAQ, and it tells me to use rdev -v /dev/fd0 {video mode}.  I tried
video mode 0, 1, and "ask", but none of those seems to work.  Could someone
please e-mail me or e-mail and followup (for other people to see) the correct
way to change the font?  It is a little frustrating using a 80x50 screen.

1. Boot Manager diddler to change 'default' boot ?

Let's say you can remotely access your box under either OS/2 or Linux.
Let's say you want to remotely switch between the two OS's. How ?

Has anyone bothered to write a Boot Manager diddler that
will navigate into BM's partition and change the default boot
field ?

I've done some preliminary poking around under DOS (when I was
first irritated that IBM provided an OS/2-only executable
(rather than family mode) to allow one to change BM's config)
but haven't yet got around to doing a bullet-proofed multi-platform
util.  If anyone's done it, I need not bother.  If anyone's interested,
let me know.

kk

2. Soundcards with es1938-chipset

3. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

4. I need Interview Questions!

5. Font problem - default font 'fixed'

6. K Panel Probs

7. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

8. Cannot install "bin" file

9. DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO CHANGE A SHELL'S (BASH/TCSH) DEFAULT FONT???

10. How to change the default boot to disk

11. Need your help to change default boot disk on Solaris Thanks !!

12. changing default disk when booting Unix

13. X won't start: can't open default font 'fixed'