Installation of NE2000-compatible card

Post by W Crompt » Tue, 03 Aug 1993 23:36:08

In c.o.l. 51242 Mikael Nasberg writes:

Quote:>...I run Linux 0.99p9 from the SLS 1.01 (or is it 1.02?!) distribution
>and I have applied the the SLS patches by running the "dopatch" script.
>I have then done "make config", "make dep" and "make disk" to get a new
>bootdisk. When I use it to boot Linux, everything is fine until I put
>the ethernet card in. Then it hangs, saying something like:

>  wd80x3 ethercard probe at 0x300: FD FD D2 4A 8D 7F not found (0x591)

>I have tried to change the IRQ for the card and the message above
>changes slightly (different hex values) as a result of this.

>Does anyone know what I should look for in order to try to fix the
>problem. I don't mind if I have to put in debug messages in the code
>if I could get some help on where to start.

I also have this problem - with a LANTECH E-NET 16 NE2000 compatible card and
Slackware release of Linux (based on SLS 1.02 I think).

The machine ( 486SX25, 8Mb, Trident 8900C...) runs Linux fine without the ethernet card. With the card in place it hangs during boot from floppy - as Mikael reports.

        WD80x3 ethercard probe at 0x300 00 00 00 00 .... not found

(Sorry, the machines elsewhere and I cannot give more details now).

HELP!

Also, does anyone know af any ftp'able or similar introductory guides on setting up an ethernet LAN ?

Thanks in advance.

Wynne.

1. FTP installation RedHat 6.2 with NE2000 compatible ISA card

When I try to install RedHat 6.2 with FTP installation on a PC with a NE2000
compatible ISA card I have the problem, that the card is not recognized. The
installtion disk seems to support only NE2000 PCI cards, not ISA. Is this
possible?

What possibilities do I have to install using the ISA card? Are there any
parameters for loading the network drivers which solve the problem?

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,
Thomas.

2. tar & other system

3. Looking for 3Volt PCI NE2000-compatible Lan Card

4. Sony Laptop & Linksys PC card

5. Installing Ethernet NE2000-compatible network card

6. Sharable Images

7. Installing NE2000-compatible network card

8. bug in glibc (malloc)

9. NE2000-compatible PCMCIA cards

10. Install Solaris 7 via Ethernet [NE2000-compatible]

11. NE2000-compatible problem :-(

12. getting linux and ne2000-compatible talking

13. PCI Ethernet Card, Ne2000 Compatible