Q's on init man page, init, serial port config?

Q's on init man page, init, serial port config?

Post by -Kevin Smolkowsk » Thu, 06 May 1993 00:11:57

These are all related to my setting up my linux box to
deal with a hardwired terminal off serial port 1.

Where can I get a man page for init?  My sparkstation is
totally different (: so I cannot use that one.

My particular question is with the port entries
mine looks like so:

c1:123456:respawn:/etc/getty 9600 tty1
[c2-c6 same as c1]
s1:56:respawn:/etc/getty_ps ttys0 9600 vt100

The id field in c1-c6 seems to refer to the virtual consoles??
What do I used for the id field for the serial ports?  Can
I use "s1" as above?

Why is the arguement to getty_ps "ttys0" and not "ttyS0" as
that is what the special file /dev/ttyS0 is called?

Thanks

-Kevins

1. init: can't exec getty 'perl' for port /dev/cuaa0

Hiya's,

I've written a perl script which detects if pppd is down - it's run
via Cron every minute. It checks to see if pppd is a running process,
if not the script runs $system("/usr/sbin/pppd") and kicks the link
back into place.

While the script works A-OK, it refuses to work correctly under Cron.

Strange how it refuses to work via Cron.

If anyone give me a few pointers to why it's dead, i'd really
appreciate it!

2. Who needs "cp -r"?

3. init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port /dev/ttyv0:

4. Apache: virtual host and MaxClients Question

5. Fix: Init page count for all pages during higher order allocs

6. Help! Problem with pcmcia interrupt assignment

7. serial port init(simple)

8. gdb and 2.2.6

9. Serial Port Init

10. Init'ing serial module when auto-loaded; best way to do this?

11. init 1 - program - init 2

12. init 2.76 hangs on boot -- not running /sbin/init.d/boot

13. init 0 & init 5