Setting up realplayer 7 to work with netscape 4.73

Setting up realplayer 7 to work with netscape 4.73

Post by Adam Schuet » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 07:03:02

Hi all,

I am trying to get realplayer to work properly with netscape.

I managed to get plaympeg to work, by setting up an
"application" entry for mpeg.

I have tried a similar entry for rm, but it doesn't seem to
work.  For example, to view a *, you need to open the rm
file directly, rather than saving it to disk and then opening
it.

Has anybody had success getting this to work?

If you have a url pointer or can can describe how to do it,
please do!

thanks!

--

        Get my pgp keys at http://www.veryComputer.com/

                   -  pgp fingerprints  -
rsa: B8 80 DA D6 BB CA 80 5F C5 68 1C 08 FE 3E 65 1C
dss: 46 CB B3 C3 A1 C9 BA 57 7C B4 A1 6A BF 8F 2D 95 2B 7A 1D 77

Post by Bill Piet » Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:36:01

> Hi all,

> I am trying to get realplayer to work properly with netscape.

> I managed to get plaympeg to work, by setting up an
> "application" entry for mpeg.

> I have tried a similar entry for rm, but it doesn't seem to work.  For
> example, to view a *, you need to open the rm file directly, rather
> than saving it to disk and then opening it.

> Has anybody had success getting this to work?

> If you have a url pointer or can can describe how to do it, please do!

> thanks!

http://www.veryComputer.com/
plugin dilemma.

1. Flash 4 Plugin from Macromedia can't work with Netscape 4.73

Hi all,

I'm running netscape 4.73 (rpm 4.73-6mdk) on Linux-Mandrake 7.1.  I
downloaded the Flash 4 Plugin from Macromedia website and install it in my
system.  Netscape can recognize the existence of the plugin (from "about
Plug-ins" menu).  However, when I access flash powered homepages (like
Macromedia homepage), netscape freezes.  Anyone has a workaround to this
problem? or I have to wait a new version of flash plugin from Macromedia?

Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,
Wai Keung, Fung

Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Shatin, N.T.,
Hong Kong.

Tel: (852)26098056      Fax: (852)26036002

2. 3.2FBSD on a Tyan S1836DLUAN-BX Thunder 100

3. netscape 4.73, ftp.netscape.com is empty dir

4. Linux 2.5.62-ac1

5. Netscape 4.73 - problem with time/date in mail

6. SSH for AIX

7. Netscape 4.73

8. Dynalink V1456VQH and SuSE 6.3

9. Netscape Communicator 4.74 OVER 4.73

10. Netscape 4.73 unable to read from tcp recv-ques

11. Netscape 4.73-us has Alzheimer disease?

12. memory leaks with netscape 4.73 for linux

13. 128-bit netscape 4.73?