USRobotics modem help

Post by Todor Todor » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:51:03

Hello all.

I`m using USRobotics Courier V.Everything and i have troubles running
it under Linux.With the current settings it dials, connects, and i
think that it sends user/pass. But nothing happens...in ifconfig ppp0
is not present...if i start it using ifconfig ppp0 up (under running
connection) nothing happens...just ppp0 appears and the same,
described below.
Please if anyone uses the same modem under Linux to help me configure
it.
I`m using Slackware 8.0, kernel 2.4.5.The provider is using CHAP
autentification.

Regards.

Todor Todorov

USRobotics modem help

Post by Thomas Corrihe » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:09:52

> Hello all.

> I`m using USRobotics Courier V.Everything and i have troubles running
> it under Linux.With the current settings it dials, connects, and i
> think that it sends user/pass. But nothing happens...in ifconfig ppp0
> is not present...if i start it using ifconfig ppp0 up (under running
> connection) nothing happens...just ppp0 appears and the same,
> described below.
> Please if anyone uses the same modem under Linux to help me configure
> it.
> I`m using Slackware 8.0, kernel 2.4.5.The provider is using CHAP
> autentification.

See the NET and PPP HOWTOs.  If it dials correctly and connects,
then the modem init string is good enough (for now).  That would
prove that the /dev/ttyS... or /dev/modem link is correct, and
that the modem is properly installed.  In other words, if the
modems dials out properly then the problem is not the modem.
Instead, the problem would have to be in you network setup.
Hint: turn off Bind/Named (DNS) and check you /etc/resolv.conf
file and /etc/hosts... check the /etc/ppp/options file (ie..
"defaultroute")

Above all, read those HOWTOs.  I know they are a pain, but
someday you will be glad you did.

--
Thomas Corriher
The real email is hcconst

1. HELP!!! MANDRAKE USROBOTICS 56K MODEM PROBLEMS!

HELLO AGAIN MAX:Just to make sure you dont have a winmodem in windows go
to (my computer)then properties and then device manager.Look for modem and
click on it.If its a winmodem it should say us robotics 56k voice win.If
its got the win part its a win modem.It dosent hurt to double check does
it?I talked to the us robotics people and according to them they only have
one or two nonwin modems.

2. DEC

3. Help: USRobotics modem and Linux...

4. glibc2 2.0.6 and svgalib

5. USRobotics Sportster Si modems

6. YellowDog on a G4

7. Modem USrobotics 56k

8. Urgent pls help

9. USRobotics (3Com) Modem

10. USRobotics modem won't work with Minicom

11. USRobotics 28.8 Modems for PPP

12. Would EVERY USRobotics external 56K modem work under Linux ?

13. USRobotics Rackmount 30 - Modular Modem System