SLS 1.03 (Aug 2): Is it stable?

Post by Kevin Flu » Fri, 06 Aug 1993 03:43:34

Hi all,

I am just wondering if the latest (Aug 2) SLS is stable.  With previous
releases, one generally had to wait a couple weeks if s/he wanted something
usable.  For this release, P. MacDonald had a test release out for a couple
weeks (a great idea I must say), so can I assume that most of the bugs are
out of it?

-- Kevin

| Kevin Fluet                    Call V.A.L.I.S. Public Access Linux |

1. SLS 1.03: Stable enough to upgrade up now?

Hello all,

I have been using SLS 1.01 for quite some time now, with lots of success.

However, there are some shortcomings, and I have heard about the new SLS 1.03,
but I have been leary of upgrading for a while to make sure some of the
"new release bugs" get worked out.

So, my question is:  how stable is SLS 1.03?  Has it been used with
much success?  Would upgrading be a good idea?

Thanks in advance for you time and answers!

--Joe Beddoe

2. How to change welcome message

3. How to upgrade from SLS 1.03 to SLS 1.05

4. Looking for standard questions

5. SLS 1.02 -> SLS 1.03 how?

6. config kernel modules and x

7. SL/IP for linux SLS 1.03

8. cups (libiconv) installation problem

9. remote login to SLS 1.03

10. Problem installing SLS 1.03

11. SLS 1.03 installation hitches

12. Can't do networking with SLS 1.03

13. Is Net 2 & SLIP in SLS 1.03 on sunsite.unc.edu