net-2 problems

Post by Basil P. Duval EPFL - CRPP 1015 Lausanne » Sat, 12 Jun 1993 00:51:59

Hello there,
        I have been a bit out of touch in the last 2 weeks ( yes I know that
is a looooong time) and I wnet and upgraded to 0.99p10 (not alpha). This is
ofcourse ok. Now I can no longer get any of my network to go (Ethernet) which
was working really nicely before. (ie I thought I knew what I was doing)

So I got the net-2 stuff and ( after a bit of backup) installed the std and
had a look at the net-base stuff.

SO THE QUESTION

why does the .... not work ?? I am using named on my local machine which
is only reading a hosts file and then going off and asking a remote namesever.
I am using little in my rc.net that could cause offense. DUring boot I get
a long list of messages of the type "using old..... calls".

        I guess I have not changed something as I ought to have done when I
did this stuff. I can find no a SINGLE document in the net-2 stuff that
attempts to list the things to do.

Would somebody be so kind as to point me in a useful direction....

Basil P. DUVAL
EPFL/CRPP
1015 Bassenges
Lausanne, Switzerland

1. NET-2: Problems with /etc/rc.net

My problems concerning the net-2 release coming with SLS-test or MCC-interim.
When configuring the loopbackdevice as described in the README files the following
error message concerning the /etc/rc.net especially /usr/etc/route occures.

SIOCADDRT:Network is unreachable

This errormessage is produced by the following two lines in the /etc/rc.net script.

$ROUTE add $HOSTNAME
$ROUTE add default gw 130.88.2.2 metric 1

My script:

# /etc/rc.net
# Linux networking startup script.  Should be run by /etc/rc.local at
# boot time.  Configures the interfaces and starts the deamons.
# It assumes hostname has been set.
#
#
CONFIG=/usr/etc/ifconfig
INETD=/usr/etc/inetd
ROUTE=/usr/etc/route

HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`

# You may need to add a /usr/etc/ifsetup command to set the parameters
# for your ethernet card.

$CONFIG lo 127.0.0.1
#$CONFIG eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0 $HOSTNAME
$ROUTE add loopback
$ROUTE add $HOSTNAME
$ROUTE add default gw 130.88.2.2 metric 1

if [ -x $INETD ]; then
        echo starting $INETD
        $INETD
fi

Many thanks TOM
* InHouse  : tom                                                *

* --------------------------------------------------------------*
*                                                               *

2. LILO Modification

3. net-2 problem...weird!?

4. remote login and start an X Session?

5. NET-2 Problem with Slackware

6. Quantom Fireball TM Errors

7. Net-2 problems telnetting, ftping etc

8. Anyone have experience with Wcol proxy on linux?

9. Net-2 problems with 99.15h

10. NET-2 : problems with inetd

11. New net-2 problems

12. Still my Net-2 Problem