plp (line printer daemon)

Post by Zeyd M. Ben-Hal » Fri, 07 Aug 1992 16:46:05

Has anybody managed to compile plp ( the suite of line-printer programs)?
If so, where can it be found?

Zeyd

1. PLP line printer problems

I've compiled and installed the PLP lpd suite under MCC -99.8+ . It mainly works.
There seem to be a couple of nagging problems. I'm remote printing to a Sun 3/60
which is also using PLP.
1) When lpr exists after a job, I'm left with a zombie process hanging on.
2) lpr reports a very large "size" for pending jobs. I think that because
   of the remote printing, this is happening on the Sun 3/60 end. The Sun
   PLP also has this size problem, but not the zombie problem.
By the way, I had to use the sgtty.h from an older linux dist. The one distributed
with the new version redefines ioctl and screws up the compile. Also, if you
elect AF_INET sockets, there`s an undefined "sun_path" and "sun_family".

--

Dept. of Mathematics      \ messages:   (317) 494-1903, FAX 494-0548
Purdue University,         \ office:    (317) 494-1955 (voice/modem)

2. netcard problems

3. Strange problem with plp print spool daemon

4. lokking for a statitic script for apache 1.3 on unix

5. Problem of Solaris 2.4 printing with Line Printer Daemon

6. /dev/modem is locked ?

7. Remote Line Printer Daemon

8. Q:Incorrect terminal emulation under CDE

9. line printer daemon (lpd) dies/loses connection on large print

10. RFC 1179 - Line Printer Daemon

11. Line printer daemon - PLEASE HELP !

12. Line printer daemon for UTS

13. Line Printer Daemon Protocol - Help!