Configuring 2nd Ethernet card to work

Post by awtesta0 » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:06:29

I am currently using...
Slackware version 8.0
kernel version 2.4.20

I have one ethernet card, using a Realtek RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ chip
that is configured as eth0 and is working fine.

I have another ethernet card installed using a Accton Tech EN-1216
chip
that i would like to configure so that I can use linux as my
router/firewall/etc.

After searching the web and other various sources, i have found that
the Accton EN-1216 uses the tulip.o driver.

I needed some help with configuring the second network card.  I am
fairly confused on how to go about setting it up, so any help would be
appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Post by whyte.. » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:39:47

> I am currently using...
> Slackware version 8.0
> kernel version 2.4.20

> I have one ethernet card, using a Realtek RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ chip
> that is configured as eth0 and is working fine.

> I have another ethernet card installed using a Accton Tech EN-1216
> chip
> that i would like to configure so that I can use linux as my
> router/firewall/etc.

> After searching the web and other various sources, i have found that
> the Accton EN-1216 uses the tulip.o driver.

> I needed some help with configuring the second network card.  I am
> fairly confused on how to go about setting it up, so any help would be
> appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

man manprobe
modprobe tulip

man ifconfig

man iptables

unable to give more help sence you never stated which card
will be internal which will be external ... will dhcp be involoved
on either card ... will the router act as a firewall/NAT/masqurade
box or just a basic LAN router for internal only use

but at this point

man modprobe
man ifconfig
man route
man iptables
man dhcpcd

also look up www.tldp.org

that should be enough info to get a general idea on what route you
are going to be taking

1. How do I configure 2nd ethernet card ?

Hi,
what do I have to do to configure a 2nd ethernet port on a
SPARC 20 under Solaris 2.4 ? I've created a hostname.le1 file
(same as hostname.le0) and they both show up on booting - but is that
enough? I guess somehow I have to give an IP# to the 2nd card ...
Help!  Any info greatly appreciated!

2. Upgrade RH6.0 to 6.2

3. Configuring a 2nd ethernet card for sniffing...

4. Max size of SCSI HD?

5. help configuring 2nd ethernet card

6. linux on large hard drive

7. Configuring 2nd Ethernet Card

8. reverse sort

9. 2nd Quad ethernet card not working

10. How do you get 2nd ethernet card to work in Linux?

11. Configuring 2nd Ethernet Port

12. configuring 2nd sound card

13. RedHat 9 crashes while configuring 2nd Network Card