help with pty's

Post by Tad Kello » Tue, 08 Jun 1993 22:29:49

I'm logging in to my linux system from a terminal
server via telnet. I can't seem to set the connection
line to 8 bits and no parity.  I've tried stty and
looked through all the faq's.  My connection just seems
to hang when I set the line from the terminal server to 8 bits
and no parity.  The connection works fine for 7 bits and
even parity, but I need the 8 bits!
Thanks in advance for any help.
- Tad

1. 'all network ports in use' or 'no pty available' solution

I have read numerous messages concerning telnetd and other remote access
programs having the error 'all network ports in use' or 'no pty available'.
I was haing this problem also with a minimal NFS boot setup I made.  The
solution turned out to be a missing device entry. Namely '/dev/ptmx'. Once I
created that entry in /dev the problem went away.

Steve

2. slow start (LILO) - L1/L2 cache related

3. 'write' in combination with unix98 pty's

4. Q: mmap() in 2.2.0R and 2.2.1R

5. Help : subshell.c : couldn't open master side of pty

6. My Linux system imploded itself :(

7. Need help w/pty's

8. Solaris on Merced/Itanium

9. HELP: out of pty's !?!?!??!

10. Help out of pty's

11. Help! pty's, read(), and EINVAL

12. rp-pppoe - unrecognized option 'pty'

13. pts, pty, and 'xterm -Sccn'