Xearth binaries uploaded to sunsite and tsx-11.

Xearth binaries uploaded to sunsite and tsx-11.

Post by Reidar J. Hus » Tue, 03 Aug 1993 17:37:03

[chomp]
Quote:>    Xearth is a program which draws an image of the
> earth in the root window, the shades it to represent the
> time of day (ie where it's night, its darker).  You can specify what
> part of the world you want to see via latitude and longitude
> (You can set it on Finland to see what Linus might be
> doing and watch the sunset over the fijords with a little
> imagination).

[chomp]

With a *LOT* of imagination - _Norway_ has the fjords, Finland the lakes and
the Vodka. Oh yes, and Linus, of course.

(Surely a smiley isn't *really* needed?)

RJH

Post by Bernd Mey » Thu, 05 Aug 1993 11:26:12

Quote:>    Xearth is a program which draws an image of the
>earth in the root window, the shades it to represent the
>time of day (ie where it's night, its darker).  You can specify what
>part of the world you want to see via latitude and longitude
>(You can set it on Finland to see what Linus might be
>doing and watch the sunset over the fijords with a little
>imagination).

Not that this has any relevance to linux, BUT: Finland is a wonderful
place, lots of lakes, wonderful coastline. ONLY: The fjords are in Norway
:-)

Quote:>    I would distribute it as a patch, but I accidentally
>deleted the source while I was making the patch, so this is
>the only version that will ever be.  (This sounds like a
>good argument for the undelete command??)

This sounds like a good argument for you to re-get the source :-)

Bernie
--
We both know that the earth is round         | Bernd Meyer, EE-student
So we can't see the way before us to its end | "Nobody is a failure who has

1. XConquer 5.5.1a binaries uploaded to sunsite and tsx-11

(Sorry I forgot about this 2 days ago - in any case, the files are still in
the incoming directories it seems)

I've uploaded a new set of XConquer binaries to sunsite.unc.edu and
tsx-11.mit.edu

(xc-5.5.1a.tar.gz and the corresponding README and lsm files)

(the ones I put up at the end of last year are showing their age :)

It's been compiled with gcc 2.4.5, libc 4.4.1 and the XFree86 1.3 libraries
(libX11.so.3.0.1)

A patch against the sources is included (nothing major really, but
nevertheless it's there...)
 - source is at ftp.uu.net:/pub/games/xconq

Enjoy !

Andrew.
--
                          - Andrew J. Cosgriff -

          "Surrender, Rabbbit.  I got ya outnumbered one to one."

--

2. Ifmail & Sendmail

3. at-2.6 uploaded to tsx-11 and sunsite

4. ypserv and securenets file

5. xcolorsel(was xpalette) uploaded to ftp.x.org, tsx-11 and sunsite

6. Konqueror

7. at-2.6a uploaded to tsx-11 and sunsite

8. Specs for M174 ONLD Monitor ?

9. uucp-1.05.tgz uploaded to tsx-11 and sunsite

10. New version of IFS uploaded to Sunsite and tsx-11

11. FIPS v1.1 partition splitter uploaded to sunsite and tsx-11

12. NEWSPAK-1.7 uploaded to sunsite and tsx-11

13. FIPS 0.9 uploaded to sunsite and tsx-11