Where to find sources for compressing programs?

Where to find sources for compressing programs?

Post by Dimitrov T Mit » Fri, 12 Nov 1993 11:17:28

Hi,

A friend of mine who does not have access to Usenet is looking for sources
in C for compressing and archiving programs, something like arj or zip.
He would like to use them to write a compressing program in Unix.

Any suggestions?

Please reply directly to me since I do not read this group.

Thanks,

Todor

1. where to find source code for Linux /usr/sbin programs?

hello,

I am using Corel linux.

For example, suppose I want to look at the source code
for /usr/sbin/arp.

I have the source code for linux kernel itself, and I see
the file

/usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/arp.c

But the above has no 'main()' in it, so it only provides
the kernel functions called by the /usr/sbin/arp binary.

But where do I find the code for /usr/sbin/arp itself?

any idea where to look?

thanks,
tony

2. merging lines....

3. where can I find source code for Unix System Programming Using C++ by Terrance Chan

4. The Gimp?

5. Where to find source code for `host' program?

6. Help getting date remotely

7. Program for C source --> TeX formatted C source

8. toshiba satellite pro 430cds, Xfree86, and 1024x768

9. using find to search for Java source files and then compile then after find

10. Compressed kernel messages from an actual extraction from kernel source

11. COMPRESS source code

12. Source for COMPRESS

13. Need source for COMPRESS utility