User Group RFA: Linux users who are Compaq focused

User Group RFA: Linux users who are Compaq focused

Post by Encompass CET » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:48:00

Request For Assistance:

If you are a Linux admin with a Compaq focused IT environment we need your
help.  See below and respond by March 15 (Ignore any March 11/12 dates you
see)...

Encompass is looking for engaged members who would like to be part of the
team who will be giving direction on CETS program content. These Content
Advisory Teams (CATs) provide insight used to develop the conference program
for the 2002 Compaq Enterprise Technical Symposium (CETS).

TOPIC AREAS:

We need technical professionals who have expertise in one or more of the
following topic areas:

* Operating Systems from a Intel Server platform background
* Operating Systems from a 64-Bit OS Server platform background
* Operating Systems from a Linux Server platform background
* SANs and Storage
* CRM Solutions Focusing Retail Commerce
* Financial Transaction Processing Focusing on High Availability

TIMELINE:

To help you determine if you have the time to commit to this program, please
review the following timeline summary.

* 3/20/2002 Receive materials for review
* 3/25 or 3/26/2002 Participate in 2 hour call(s) to discuss
content/topics
* 3/29/2002 Submit notes on proposed content
* 4/24/2002 Review compilation of notes in preparation for
second call
* 4/29 or 4/30/2002 Participate in 2 hour call(s) to discuss
content/topics
* 5/3/2002 Submit notes on proposed content
* 5/7/2002 Review compilation of notes in second draft report
* 5/10/2002 Submit final notes on proposed content

RSVP:

If you are interested in sharing your expertise and benefit the Encompass
membership by participating on one or more of the CATs, please go to
http://www.EncompassUS.org/events/content_advisory.html, fill out the

Friday, March 15, 2002.

We look forward to your being part of the team!

Encompass Headquarters

CETS Info: www.CETS2002.com

1. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)

The Permian Basin Linux Users Group (http://www.pblug.org) is forming to
promote the use, exchange of knowledge, and advocacy of Linux in the Permian
Basin area of West Texas, servicing Midland, Odessa, Greenwood, Andrews,
Kermit, and other surrounding communities.

Please visit our website and join our mailing list (function available as
soon as my work schedule permits) if you live in the area and are interested

mailing list is not yet online at the time you read this post.

We are still in the process of locating space for meetings, etc., so if
other LUG members in different locations can give me advice on how to make
our debut as successful as possible, please drop me a line! Long live Linux!

Respectfully,
Joe A. Burnett

(remove nospam from email address above)

2. Help needed with Linux server

3. user and group management - how to emulate groups into groups in linux ?

4. FTP & Netscape

5. cannot set up UMASK or groups so that users from one group cannot access other groups

6. StartOffice 5.1 Installed!!!

7. i am new user this group

8. Windows to Linux Connectivity

9. need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

10. HOW TO make a user an administrator of a group or single user

11. Any FreeBSD users, guru's user groups in the Toronto or U of Toronto area?

12. need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

13. Add/remove user to user group(s) in a script ??